September 18 – 22, 2023
Hello NMS families!
Just a few reminders for you this week –
- The earliest time for drop off is 7:50 am. Please do not drop off your child before 7:50 am.
- The parking lot beside the school is for buses and staff only. Please park across the road and your child or you and your child, may walk over to the school with the crossing guard. Some people are still coming into the staff parking lot.
- We ask that parents do not come into the building at drop off time. If you need to speak with someone, please come to the office through the front door.
- School fees can be paid on School Cash On-line. Thank you to those who have already paid.
- Wednesday, the half-day, buses may be a little late again as we make sure all students get on the proper buses.
- Cross-Country @ Gibson Neill this Wednesday for any grade 3-5 students that signed up.
- Thursday afternoon, we will be practicing for another fire drill. The kiddos did great for the first one! We will also be doing our Terry Fox walks all day during PE classes.
- No school on Friday as it is a Professional Learning Day for staff.
- Free Movie Night at Mitch Clarke this month! September22 – “Super Mario Brothers”, September 29 – “Lyle the Crocodile”. Starts at dusk – approximately 8:15 pm. Bring chairs, a blanket, and snacks.
- We have started a Facebook group to showcase NMS and provide information regarding our school. If you are interested, here is the link to the group – https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61550822261650&mibextid=LQQJ4d
- The Northside Rotary Club has been providing food for our classroom nutrition buckets for a number of years. They are looking for donations of individually packaged healthy snacks (nut-free). If you are able to donate items, please drop off at the office. (ex. crackers, applesauce, granola bars, Nutri-grain bars)
Upcoming dates to remember:
- September 27 – Cross-Country @ O’Dell
- October 2 – No school – Recognition of National Truth and Reconciliation Day
- October 26 – Harvey Studios Retakes
Published September 15, 2023